26 September 2007

Time passes by so quickly!

Oh dear! More then two weeks ago, since I told you the latest news about my life underground. Unbelievable, how time goes by... and it’s still not boring!
Of course, life out here gets a bit more of a daily routine, but that’s cool – and interesting, cause as soon as we knock off from making beds, wash the linen and vaccuum the floors, there’s plenty to do, even though you wouldn’t believe it if you’ve seen this place for a few days.

My 55. week in Australia has begun. And I still don’t have my 2nd visa. I called the Health Services Australia, to finally get this health examination done, and the good news is – there’s an HSA-accredited doc in Broken Hill, “just” 300km from here. No Adelaide, no Melbourne, no Sydney. Broken Hill. The weird news is: The lovely lady on the telephone was not allowed to provide me with his contact details! But she is allowed to send them out here via mail. Australian bureaucracy is strange.
Well, now I’m waiting for this letter, to get in contact with that doc – to eventually get my 2nd visa some day...

I celebrated my first year in Australia with Richard, Markus, Martina, Denise, some Baileys and a funny millionaire, who couldn’t stop telling us how his yacht sounds when he starts it. Was a funny evening!


We got a little less busy in the last two weeks, none of us is really happy with the money he or she earns, but well, that’s life. The people we’re dealing with are great personalitys, provide you with plenty of tipps and always wanna hear your story.
Our new team member, Rhonda, hasn’t turned up for work again. Richard said, she can work in the summer time, when Denise, Martina and I are gone. Til then he prefers our young blood to run around in the motel... and he also mentioned, that we became a great team, he wouldn’t like to put someone new into our group.
Cause there were not enough bed to be made to occupy all of us, I became the motel gardener, gotta water the plants now, renew the dirt in the landings and started to build the new chook house. Richard plans to bring up to 100 chooks out here, to always have some eggs and nice meat and maybe he even starts to breed them. Why not? I’m happy to do some different tasks, including tree-pruning, tidy up the workshop, clean the pool and stuff like that.


In my spare time, I finally lodged my tax return. First estimations told me, that I’m entitled to claim all my tax back! Wohoo! I’m just waiting for some incoming money... :-)

Us four Germans really get good mates. We always have funny ideas how to spend our free time.
One evening, we connected mobiles, MP3-player and Markus’ and my laptop via bluetooth, to exchange some music and have sort of a LAN-feeling.
Next day, Denise and I started to eat heaps of ice-cream. We ordered 10l of banana and chocolate flavour, accidentially, but now we had to eat it. And one liter per session made the ice-cream last 5 afternoons. *g*


Apropos the food: We had some funny experiments going on here in White Cliffs, Martina learned how to bake bread, designed the first outback-pizza and Markus made some real German pretzels! Oi, our guests were amazed!!


We all went to see Jock’s place, a funny underground museum, sort of, where there seems everything to be left behind from the middle age or sth like that. The most interesting stuff for us were some German beer cans, from brands, we had never heard of! Incredible.
We went to visit Irene, a German lady, and her husband, Peter, as well as Uli, another German. He seems to be a big fan of Adolf Hitler, had lots of pictures of that guy and even a bottle of wine with that face. Unbelievable, what you meet out here in the Outback!

On 23rd of September we decided to open the pool season and had some games of frisbee and yummy ice-cream on the pool. But the water’s still so f*** freezing, you can hardly stand it!


And finally, yesterday was the day when our homebrewed beer was ready to drink! Not bad, that stuff, noone complained, and we had a long evening with the boss, sitting out in the warm spring night, talking about good and bad times and everything in-between.


Well, now you know approximately, why it never gets boring in the middle of nowhere. When we head down to White Cliffs, we chat with that lovely lady from the post offive, go shopping at the markets or burn our rubbish...
Our newest ideas are: Plan the Octoberfest, go out to shoot some roos and create a comedy film about some funny backpackers in the Outback. Yeah, Youngsters just wanna have fun. :-)

Some more news: Isable comes out here! Today. She’s already on her way. Has been exactly 2 months, since I saw her the first time... and now she’ll be back! Party!

So far, so good, hope, the German autumn is not too bad and you’re all enjoying life as much as I do. Not long, and I might be back in Germany, thinking about all these good times I spent here and wish I could be back in the past... oh man, why is time passing by so quickly?

Keine Kommentare: